25 March 2010

Eins, Zwei, Drei...

Alright, tonight I got my first round of fundraising stuff sent out. I don't think I realised till now that the last 2.5 years at Global Missions have equipped me really well for this fundraising and creating promotional pieces stuff that I'm working on now. Makes you really wonder if there's really someone up there moving pieces around for things to happen, huh?

Also, heard from Donna (from the Tri-S office) today about my ticket confirmation. Sechsundvierzig tagen! 46 days to Berlin!

Something that's been on my mind a fair bit the last week or so... I'm suddenly hit by an overwhelming feeling of appreciation for all the people in my life who give a hoot about what's going on. I know I cannot say thank you enough to each one of you who have come alongside the fundraising efforts in whatever small ways, but thank you.

Thank you to the Akan Datang band who have been faithfully rehearsing with me week after week for the last couple months or so. I know you're also having fun doing this, but... Thank you.

Thank you to Thonja Nicholson. You didn't have to do any of the stuff you're doing for the silent auction, but you're going all out, knowing that I cannot give you anything in return. No words, but thank you.

Thank you to all of you who have believed that Berlin will happen even in the moments that I stopped believing. To all the professors, the friends, the co-workers, the mentors... No words, but thank you.

Thank you to the coworkers for the encouraging words, and even your taunts of "quitter" to indirectly communicate your disappointment that my time at Global Missions wasn't quite long enough. For reminding me that my time there was a good thing... No words, but thank you.

And to all the other family and friends who have been faithfully praying and encouraging... No words, but thank you.

Thank you for giving to the Lord
I have a life that was changed
Thank you for giving to the Lord
I am so glad you gave

No comments:

Post a Comment