24 December 2010

Merry Christmas!

It is 11:50 am on Christmas Eve here in Singapore where I am sitting in the bedroom I grew up in in my parents' house.
In Anderson, one of my other homes, it is 10:50 pm the day before.

Elsewhere in the world, some are asleep while others are just waking up. I never appreciated this until this summer when I was in Germany. It would be the middle of the day, and one side of my world was going to bed while the other one was just waking up.

I don't like being in a different time zone from my families in Singapore or Anderson - or now, Germany. But someone reminded me this just means no matter where in the world I go, no matter what time it might be, there will always be some kind of family awake for me.

And I think this is something new I am learning about Emmanuel, God with us.

Emmanuel knows each of our stories; the story of where we came from, the story of where we are now, and the story of where we are going.
Emmanuel that created us knew what we needed to help us with our past.
Emmanuel that redeemed us knows what we need to deal with our present.
Emmanuel that sustains us knows what we need to deal with our future.

As Christmas is about a day, or a few hours away (depending on where in the world you are as you read this), we remember Emmanuel that came to walk on this earth. Thank you for helping to make Emmanuel real to me this year through being a part of my big world-wide family.

God has been here since the beginning of time. May Emmanuel be real to you this Christmas.

Hugs,
Jael

No comments:

Post a Comment