The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
The Road goes ever on and on
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.
- Bilbo, in JRR Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings
Dear friends,
The seven-year journey in Anderson is finally coming to an end, but the road keeps on going. Come September, I will be moving to New Zealand for the next chapter of this journey.
If you are reading about New Zealand for the first time, I will be moving there in September to work with the children's ministry at the Church of God congregation, Westside Christian Fellowship in Auckland, New Zealand. While I have not had much experience with children's ministry, my years in Anderson have taught me the importance of an inter-generational church. I am excited to be working with the children's ministry, and seeing how God will continue to bring generations together while also giving space for each of us to be ourselves.
In the meantime, I will be flying back to Singapore on August 4. I have to do some fundraising and work on my visa application, which will be easier to work on from the country that holds my passport. And my last couple of weeks in the States will be spent packing and visiting with friends who have made my time here so meaningful.
Friends in the Pacific Northwest, it was so good to have been able to spend some time with you while I was out there. Thank you, each one of you, for your amazing hospitality.
Friends from AU and Seminary, thank you for walking with me, and for pricking me in so many ways so I can be who I am now.
Park Place family, you have truly taught me what it means to be a family that can learn to fight fair and still stick together. Thank you.
Missionary community and others who have paved the way , I have learnt so much from you. Thank you.
Friends in Germany, you will always have a special place in my heart. Thank you.
Friends in Singapore, I look forward to being with you again soon!
And as you think of it, here are a few things you can pray for as well.
1) Transitions have become somewhat normal for me now, but they still are never easy. Pray that the packing, the "until next time," and the flights will go smoothly.
2) Pray for the people I will be doing life with in New Zealand. Pray for the ones I will be living with, the ones I get to work alongside of, and the ones that I haven't even met yet. Pray that above all the other things that we do, we will keep the Kingdom in perspective.
3) Fundraising and visa applications are still tricky. While I have had experience walking with other missionaries through those processes, because I am not a US citizen, the procedures for me to get these things taken care of will not be ones that I'm familiar with. Pray that the pieces will all fall into place.
If you would like to receive updates by e-mail and have not already received something, please send me a message with your e-mail address.
Thank you all for being a part of my journey. In the words of e. e. cummings, "I carry your heart."
No comments:
Post a Comment