In light of some of the conversations I've had recently, I've had some things being tossed around in my head. They mostly challenge the ideas of truth and freedom that I have held for a while, and some of the things that have been said or that I've said have surprised me as well. So I'm starting a new blog series that I'm titling "The [Truth?] Shall Set You [Free?]" to wrestle with some of these things, and I'm inviting you to participate if you'd like.
This blog space has not historically been very interactive so I'm not sure if it will become more it will get following the launch of this series. But in light of the possibility of more participants, let me lay a few ground rules before we begin:
I write this coming from the perspective of someone who grew up in a Christian home but not completely around Christian circles all the time until I went away to college. I have a relationship with Jesus Christ, and I see the world through the lenses of my relationship with Christ, even if some of the things I'm about to write may challenge that notion.
1) If you would like to contribute more thoughts into this dialogue, please clarify where you are coming from and through what lenses you see the world. It would be helpful to assume that there are others who may want to participate who do not share your faith or religious views.
2) Please be respectful of others. This space is not open for bashing others' thoughts, and comments will be moderated. Disrespectful or offensive posts will be deleted.
3) Keep an open mind about things. My hypothesis for this series is that, when it comes down to the bare essentials, we are all trying to make meaning of truth and freedom.
I'm looking forward to the interactions we might have in this space.
Shalom.
P.S. Don't worry, the other usual stuff that appears on this blog will still make their regular appearances :)
This blog space has not historically been very interactive so I'm not sure if it will become more it will get following the launch of this series. But in light of the possibility of more participants, let me lay a few ground rules before we begin:
I write this coming from the perspective of someone who grew up in a Christian home but not completely around Christian circles all the time until I went away to college. I have a relationship with Jesus Christ, and I see the world through the lenses of my relationship with Christ, even if some of the things I'm about to write may challenge that notion.
1) If you would like to contribute more thoughts into this dialogue, please clarify where you are coming from and through what lenses you see the world. It would be helpful to assume that there are others who may want to participate who do not share your faith or religious views.
2) Please be respectful of others. This space is not open for bashing others' thoughts, and comments will be moderated. Disrespectful or offensive posts will be deleted.
3) Keep an open mind about things. My hypothesis for this series is that, when it comes down to the bare essentials, we are all trying to make meaning of truth and freedom.
I'm looking forward to the interactions we might have in this space.
Shalom.
P.S. Don't worry, the other usual stuff that appears on this blog will still make their regular appearances :)
No comments:
Post a Comment