You made the world and saw that it was good
You sent your only son for you are good
What a wonderful maker
Week after week, I enter with a sense of dread
Another heartache
Another broken heart
Another disappointment
Another frustration
Another...
"It was good..."
Everywhere I walk, I see heartache
Another life-changing decision at the crossroads
Another trip to the hospital
Another pedophile
Another war
Another whose innocence was robbed
Another...
"It was good..."
Day in, day out, I feel like another disappointment
Another phone-call I should have made
Another e-mail I should have sent
Another visit I should have paid
Another lesson I should have done a better job teaching
Another thank-you note I should have written
Another hand I should have held
Another...
Another, Another, Another...
"It was good..."
No, it wasn't.
It was messy
It was chaotic
It was unrehearsed
It was painful
It was unpolished
It was ugly
It was...
Hope(less?)
Do You not hear your children crying?
Oh Lord, how long?
And
I knew I wasn't superhuman.
But I thought if I faked it long enough, I would be able to make it.
After all, You called me to this, so You think I have it in me to make it.
"But I didn't call you to be superhuman..."
Oh.
Was that the part of the conversation where I stopped paying attention because another need had arose, another hand needed to be held, another...
Another, Another, Another...
"It was good..."
Today I had another refresher of Constructive Theology I.
You made the world and saw that it was good.
You sent your only son for you are good.
You made it all, and said that it was good.
"The Lord builds up Jerusalem. He binds the outcasts of Israel." - Psalm 147:2
You were here before me.
You cared about your people before me.
Heck, you even cared about social justice before the term "social justice" was coined, and before I was even awakened to the call of your Kingdom reality.
You made the world and saw that it was good.
You sent your only son for you are good.
It was good.
You sent your only son for you are good
What a wonderful maker
Week after week, I enter with a sense of dread
Another heartache
Another broken heart
Another disappointment
Another frustration
Another...
"It was good..."
Everywhere I walk, I see heartache
Another life-changing decision at the crossroads
Another trip to the hospital
Another pedophile
Another war
Another whose innocence was robbed
Another...
"It was good..."
Day in, day out, I feel like another disappointment
Another phone-call I should have made
Another e-mail I should have sent
Another visit I should have paid
Another lesson I should have done a better job teaching
Another thank-you note I should have written
Another hand I should have held
Another...
Another, Another, Another...
"It was good..."
No, it wasn't.
It was messy
It was chaotic
It was unrehearsed
It was painful
It was unpolished
It was ugly
It was...
Hope(less?)
Do You not hear your children crying?
Oh Lord, how long?
And
I knew I wasn't superhuman.
But I thought if I faked it long enough, I would be able to make it.
After all, You called me to this, so You think I have it in me to make it.
"But I didn't call you to be superhuman..."
Oh.
Was that the part of the conversation where I stopped paying attention because another need had arose, another hand needed to be held, another...
Another, Another, Another...
"It was good..."
Today I had another refresher of Constructive Theology I.
You made the world and saw that it was good.
You sent your only son for you are good.
You made it all, and said that it was good.
"The Lord builds up Jerusalem. He binds the outcasts of Israel." - Psalm 147:2
You were here before me.
You cared about your people before me.
Heck, you even cared about social justice before the term "social justice" was coined, and before I was even awakened to the call of your Kingdom reality.
You made the world and saw that it was good.
You sent your only son for you are good.
It was good.
No comments:
Post a Comment