26 June 2012

Celebrating 11 Years of Laughter

Every time I'm back here, I feel like I can be a kid all over again.

Friends from way back, talking about stories from way back.
It's like we're all still sixteen and seventeen and things haven't changed.

We still find the same things ridiculously funny.
We still kaopei (literally translated: curse father) about the same types of things.
Bunz, as usual eats a lot.
Juan, as usual is always late.
Ivy, as usual is trying to keep up with everyone else.

But there's always the subtle reminders that these are no longer our green pinafore days.
Lisi is getting married.
Bunz and Ivy are talking about raising families together since they're going to be neighbours.
Everyone is nagging at Juan about the same old business.
And it always ends with the usual, "So when's the next time you're coming back?"

Life isn't as simple as the green pinafore days anymore.
The world isn't only about our kangkong eating habits anymore.
Or hyperventilating over maths formulae anymore.

Life has become about paying bills, switching jobs, planning weddings, travelling, heartbreaks and the other things that seem to indicate we're supposed to be grown-ups.

But put the six or eight of us together in one room and it's like nothing has changed.
Bunny may have switched jobs a few times.
I may have moved around the world a few times.

But that we still laugh every year at the fact that we're anything but moribus modestus makes me thankful for these girls.

Thank you for reminding me to take time to laugh.

Celebrating 11 years of laughter

I have the best friends in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment