24 December 2013

Christmas Eve on the Road to Bethlehem

It was a day like any other day.

For months now, she had been preparing for this
Ever since the pronouncement came
She had made room in her home and her heart
She had sat in wonder of what life would be like

I have traveled many moonless nights
Cold and weary with a babe inside


It was a day like any other day.

For months now, she had been preparing for this
Ever since the pronouncement came
She had wondered, Why her
She had thought, Was it honour, or was it shame

And I wonder what I've done
Holy Father, You have come
And chosen me now to carry Your Son


It was a day like any other day.

For months now, she had been preparing for this
Ever since the pronouncement came
She had struggled with the uncertainty
She had wondered if it had been sheer craziness

I am waiting in a silent prayer
I am frightened by the load I bear


It was a day like any other day.

For months now, she had been preparing for this
Ever since the pronouncement came
She had found judgment in the eyes of those that didn't understand
She had also found patience in the ones that loved her

In a world as cold as stone
Must I walk this path alone?
Be with me now, be with me now


Breath of Heaven, hold me together
Be forever near me, Breath of Heaven
Breath of Heaven, lighten my darkness
Pour over me Your holiness for You are holy
Breath of Heaven


It was a day like any other day.

For months now, she had been waiting for this
Ever since she chose to be a part of The Plan
And now she chose to obey the law of the land
And now she chose to take the road to Bethlehem

Do you wonder as you watch my face
If a wiser one should have had my place?


It was a day like any other day.

For months now, she had been waiting for this
Ever since she chose to be a part of The Plan
And now she chose to continue on the dusty roads
And now she chose to wander further into the unknown

But I offer all I am
For the mercy of Your plan
Help me be strong, help me


Breath of Heaven, hold me together
Be forever near me, Breath of Heaven
Breath of Heaven, lighten my darkness
Pour over me Your holiness for You are holy
Breath of Heaven


It was a day like any other day.

Or was it?

No comments:

Post a Comment