30 March 2012

"Soul Mates"

Tonight, I got to spend four of the last seven hours of Laura's 6-month New Zealand adventure with her.

Kathrin, Steve, Emily and I met Laura, Ann-Sophie and Julian on our roadtrip to New Plymouth last November. The day we parted ways at the backpacker, we told them to look us up if they ever found themselves in Auckland before they left. So a few weeks ago, Laura got in touch and asked if we could get coffee or dinner before she leaves this week.

After managing successfully to get lost around downtown Auckland for a good 45 minutes, I finally pulled up to the address she gave me. To be honest, I was a little nervous because I'm always awkward about new people. And even though we had a few ridiculous nights of laughter in New Plymouth, there isn't a crowd this time to buffer the conversation.

It didn't take long before I got swept away by her crazy stories of adventure. Laura came to New Zealand from Colon, Germany, in October on a work and travel visa. The stories she shared made me wish I had a greater sense of adventure.

I've always believed in the inter-connectivity of our souls' existence in the spirit world (especially after Avatar), and tonight was another one of those moments for me. Laura is one of those people that, for whatever reason, I am convinced, I will meet again. Whether or not it's in this lifetime, I don't know. But someday...

I also realised tonight that from now, I'll do what I can to not allow anyone's last or first moments anywhere to pass by anonymously. Tonight, I was honoured that I got to relive some of the highlights of Laura's whirlwind adventure with her.

Until next time, Laura, whenever that may be. I'll see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment