22 July 2012

Stereotyped

So a couple months ago I wrote about discovering I was becoming THAT churchy woman.

This weekend seems to be a test of my churchy woman superpowers.

Last night I put the chickens to bed and took out the fresh eggs.
Taking care of the domestics - check.

Finished putting together the last bits of today's worship service last night.
Lead worship - check.

Came up with emergency Plan B for kids' church today because Jonny's not up to it today.
Children's ministry - check.

About to put a dish of spanakopita in the oven for tonight's family dinner.
Contribute to the church potluck - check.

Will eventually finish loading up the van and head to church to unlock and set up.

I guess all I need now is for a male pastor to show up and sweep me off my feet so I can officially be certified pastor's wife to keep my conservative friends happy. (groan)

Or maybe I've just spent too much time with feminist literature recently...

No comments:

Post a Comment