"Sacred Spaces in the City" (see page 5) is a piece on urban ministry that I was asked to write for Communion, the main publication of the Church of God in North America.
And my friend and teacher, Kimberly Majeski just tweeted that the book, "Called to Minister, Empowered to Serve," a collaborative publication that I had the privilege to be a part of, is now available for purchase. Kimberly writes,
"Edited by Dr. Mary Ann Hawkins this book is a collaboration of love by women clergy and scholars in the the Church of God Movement."MaryAnn and Jim have been mentors and "church parents" to me through my seminary years. When MaryAnn asked if I would contribute a piece for this collaboration about my call to ministry, I couldn't say no. Besides, it was also a reminder that I was a part of a bigger chorus of voices that share the same struggles in ministry, and especially with other women who face the daily struggle with their call in a vocation that is more often male-dominated.
The publishing process usually takes enough time for me to forget that I've written a piece that's gone to print. It's not usually till a friend says something about it that I remember someone actually believed I had something to contribute to the bigger global conversation--enough to "pester" me to make my voice heard.
These are the stories of Where We Come From--and a reminder that it's never been about me in the first place.
No comments:
Post a Comment