13 May 2010

Brandenburg and All its Glory...

Got about 20 minutes before I have to be down at the Philips' to help with breakfast so I'll write as much as I can in this time.

Yesterday we took a walking tour of the city and saw most of the historical sites - both the ancient and modern history. Berlin is a beautiful city, and so rich with history. For those of you who have not known the history buff side of me, well, here we go.

In a span of about 4 hours, we saw parts of the Berlin Wall, Checkpoint Charlie, a Holocaust memorial, a few cathedrals and so much else. When we finally sat down to debrief yesterday, I didn't even know where or how to start talking because my mind was filled with so much. With all its glorious history, Berlin still remains a place of constant change. Torn by so many wars and invaded with so many political and perhaps even religious ideology, it feels like a city that still extends its arms wide open, ready to embrace whatever more change there is that might come its way.

For the next couple weeks while the rest of the AU group is here, the girls will be staying in Aaron's apartment while he and the other guys are at the Philips'. After the group leaves, I'll be with the Philips till I leave on July 28.

Today we remember the day of Ascension. I'm not really sure what this all entails or if we're doing anything to really remember it, but most places are closed today. But it'll be interesting nonetheless.

Alright, gotta run to go help with breakfast. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment