06 May 2010

'Twas the Week Before Berlin...

This week marks the end of my second year of seminary. Wow, really? How could I have survived two years of madness?

This has been a week of closure.
... Two finals and an exegesis paper ended off the academic year.
... A frisbee golf game and coffee sent off a few new friends to their summer vacation.
... Thai Smile dinner date with two dear friends I started seminary with to celebrate one of us graduating.
... Played a gig for a friend's youth group to return the favour for their involvement in "Akan Datang," and to round up having survived another crazy year of seminary together.
... One final breakfast + lunch date + SnoCastle season opening + dinner date with soul friends before the summer hits and some move away.
... Farewell send-off at work.
... "The usual" + a wedding shower for an old but dear friend.
... Sleeping over with two of the girls who have blessed my life this semester.
... One last soccer game with the kids from church who, together with their parents, have blessed my heart with laughter.
... AU's Graduation and all the graduation receptions and open houses to go to.
... Send-off at church

And then we're off to Berlin.

I'll be honest. The depth of some of these relationships have truly left me bewildered. How did we in such a short time find our hearts knitted so closely together that when the time comes for our paths to head off in different directions, a piece of my heart walks away with you?

I have no answer. But I can only pray that my relationships in Berlin will find that same kind of root and that I'll continue to leave pieces of my heart with the people who bless my life even if it means my heart needs to be broken for that to happen.

'Twas the week before Berlin...

My hands are small, I know,
But they're not yours,
They are my own
And I am never broken

No comments:

Post a Comment