10 May 2010

Today I was in the Company of Saints...

Today I was in the company of Saints.
They sat and had coffee with me,
Shared with me about their lives
And listened to my stories.

Today I was in the company of Saints.
They laughed with me
As we tossed a frisbee around
And idled the hours of a summer afternoon away.

Today I was in the company of Saints.
They reminded me of who I was
When we first started this journey together

Today I was in the company of Saints.
They spoke to my soul and
Reminded me that leaving is never easy
And allowed me to cry.

Today I was in the company of Saints.
They held my hand when I lost a friend
And today they hold my hand again
As a new chapter unfolds

Today I was in the company of Saints
Who painted my face
Colours I would never have imagined possible
And laughed. And loved.

Today I was in the company of Saints
Who knew they would never completely understand
The quirks of my generation
But they still try anyway.

Today I was in the company of Saints
Saints whose giant footprints
Can only leave me trailing in the dust
Who would still hold me hand
And help me along with my baby-steps
Whose tears of joy celebrate each step I take
Who would take time to share a meal with me
And pray and anoint me with oil

Today I was in the company of Saints
I don't know who I am to have been in their company
But for each one of these gentle giants,
I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment